spicerianum x helenae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trimorph

Reaction score
I bought that plant as sanderianum x helenae,

porly it was misslabeled, for sure it is spicerianum instead of sanderianum x helenae = Paphiopedilum Hengduan Sweetheart

Well, at the least it is a good tiny and "clumpy" grower and the flowers have a realy long durability.

20140113-230003-595.jpg

20140113-230013-783.jpg

Trimorph

Cute! It's got a spicer dorsal and a helenae pouch and petals. The staminode is strongly helenae as well; but, since spicerianum has such a distinctive staminode, I'm surprised that more of that is not showing. This is definitely NOT sanderianum x helenae. 'Vendor must've been drinking.

a nice one.
One of the vendors offered this cross already changed the name in unknown.
the once I have seen are all the same. Mine will flower in a few weeks too it is in low bud. Where did you get it from

I got mine from Schwerte.
But I have seen, that Perner offers Paphiopedilum Hengduan Sweetheart in his list for Dresden and he added a flower picture wich is analoque to the flower of this crossing sold as sanderianum x helenae.

a nice one.
One of the vendors offered this cross already changed the name in unknown.
the once I have seen are all the same. Mine will flower in a few weeks too it is in low bud. Where did you get it from

I got mine from Schwerte.
But I have seen, that Perner offers Paphiopedilum Hengduan Sweetheart in his list for Dresden and he added a flower picture wich is analoque to the flower of this crossing sold as sanderianum x helenae.

Schwerter agrees that it is not what it should be.
He bought the flask. He has refused the name already
He has a lot of them and all are really big.
Mine has 6 growth now.

was not that expensive at least for me.
As I and a big vendor was there when he decided to refuse the name.

The lab who sold him this plant are maybe not happy as.

I think schwerte had at least 40 left of them, all great multi growth plants.

Though disappointing that it's not what you thought it was, it is cute and a very good result from this cross. I like it a lot.

Back