• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Special Slippertalk Offer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have obtained a small number of Paphiopedilum William Ambler (rothschildianum x Wilhelmina's) plants.

williamambler-500x500.jpg

In 4" pots, these have one mature growth, in-spike, and one on the way.

Apply the coupon code "amble" in the shopping cart, and I'll knock $20 off the price, and will contribute another $10 to the Slippertalk fund.

I'm definitely going to order one! Unfortunately I'm not home and I am needing to restock on some other items...hopefully they'll still be available when I get home this evening to take stock.

I'm also curious as to your opinion on shipping now and as to if you know the cross...

!) I just tested, and "amble" worked fine. You did put it in the "coupon" code. not "Voucher", correct?

2) Concerning shipping, I surround the plant with shredded paper then wrap it in sheets of paper, then wrap that and a heat pack in closed cell foam. My only requirement is that the plant arrives in 2 days. If you're within 2 days by ground, I use that. Otherwise we must go with 2-day service or I cannot guarantee the survival of the plant.

Click on the map to check:

I have had a few folks "risk it" when they were within the 3-day service area, and so-far, so-good, but it's on them if it freezes.

How aggravating...

So I received an email from my supplier overnight advising that the plants I received were mislabeled, and are not William Ambler, but are William Ambler back-crossed to rothschildianum 'New Horizon' FCC/AOS, hence are Paph. Shin-Yi Williams. This is a sibling from that cross:

Shin-Yi_William-500x500.jpg

Paphiopedilum Memoria Jim Asher and Paphiopedilum Tropical Magic are two orchids I'm looking to purchase. The code you gave should be good for those purchases. It didn't say that I had to buy the orchid that is pictured. What i read said, ''Apply the coupon code "amble" in the shopping cart, and I'll knock $20 off the price, and will contribute another $10 to the Slippertalk fund.''

geogeo, the code worked for the offered plant when I just went to try it. Also, in context (how you should read any commercial offer), the phrasing "the price" most sensibly refers to the price of the specific plant for which Ray created this thread.

Sorry I wasn't clearer, Geogeo. As Nat said, that discount applies to those Shin-Yi Williams plants only.

So far three have gone, so $60 in discount were given, and I just made a $30 donation to the ST Fund, as promised.

Latest posts

Back