"Speakers' Day"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.... does anyone have anything to report? A little bird told me there were several Slippertalk members present! I understand Ron McHatton gave an arousing talk about pollinators.

Anyone? Anyone?

I was these but couldn't stay thru the whole event. :( I saw EOrchids, and met CLmoss and Moraru. I bought a couple of paphs and some Pleuros. It was worth the time and effort. I may have some photos later.

Well...I had a great time!!! I was very busy speaking with old friends and making new friends. Both NYEric and EOrchids were wonderful, and I am really happy to have met them. They truly made the day even more special. I did not meet Moraru...

I did get there early, and the vendor room was packed. I made my way to the back of the room and Juan Carlos Uribe had a box filled with Cattleya (bare root) species. I went crazy! I bought as many as I was able to wrap my arms around! LOL!

The speakers were great! Each lecture was informative and well presented. The day was planned out beautifully without a lull (Rita kept us busy). By the end of the day, all that I saw was a crowd of happy orchid people with big smiles on their faces and large bags of orchids in their hands. I would say that everyone had a great time!

I did say hello to Carrie for Heather. And I personally thanked Frank Smith for his generosity regarding his gift to our Canadian vendor. Frank is proof that we do have "Angels" among us.

Claudia

Well I had a great time as well. It was great seeing NYEric again and was a pleasure meeting CLMoss.

The vendor room was packed (as reported) but I did come out with 2 Paphs. The presentations were well coordinated and informative.

Overall, it was great experience meeting old and new orchid growers.

Latest posts

Back