Sources for Oberonia species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gcroz

2yr HCC Awarded Stud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, while Cattleyas will still be my passion, followed by Phrags., I'm currently infatuated with Oberonia species. I currently have a small collection of 7 species plants, although based on IOSPE, at least one of them may be mis-labeled. I'm also working on a presentation for orchid society talks and possible an article in the future.

Here is my problem, I seem to have exhausted all the currently available plants from vendors. Does anyone know of any international vendors or USA vendors/collectors that have a large selection of oberonia species. I'm beginning to feel like this may be a shot in the dark, but this board has a large reach.

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried Andy's and/or Oak Hill Gardens (or whatever it's called now)? Sometimes Mr. Lin at Big Leaf has interesting things tucked away.
It's worth an email anyway.

I know you've gotten what J&L has, right?

yep, and they're tired of me pestering them for new!

Actually, my best Oberonia was my first that I got from J&L. Oberonia anthropophora.. every year it triples in size and triples its spikes! Most of my specimens have come from them... in fact, all but one.

I cleaned Andy's out of what they had but will try Mr. Lin and see!

Back