• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Shu-Fa Golden Pollen or Plant

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theorchidzone

Reaction score
Recent results from our crosses and those in Japan have shown, that
combining malipoense or malipoense lines into complex has proven very successful.
See here, both 25% mali:
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36523
I am looking for good flowers of Shu-Fa Golden. Results so far have suggested that hangianum alone is not so useful for combining into complex -- I am sure there will be some exception at some point.
But SFG has produced spectacular results.
If anyone has pollen, seedlings or divisions to share, please let me know. Can trade of course. :)
Contact by e-mail please.
[email protected]
Thanks,
JC

Would love to see the SFG X IC when open. I am sure you will post. :)

WCM probably would be worthwhile as well.

My view is that hangianum, while a large NS flower, has thin substance. Thus, the infusion of substance from mali or armeniacum is helpful for breeding.

Given the strict regulations in the US, we are a little behind in infusing hangianum by whatever route into complex breeding lines.

JC

cant help you there, I do have a SFG X Ice castle in bud that looks promising

I wonder if Woosner china moon will do the same in breeding

already out of season here....but soon I'll have some SFG both from Taiwan and my own breeding that will flower....If needed i can send pollen....

Back