Scenes from the greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking greenhouse. Looks like the roth should have a great show. It must have been a treat to walk in there everyday. Great show.

Rick, on the one hand its great to see how your Paphs reward you with many flowers due to the good climate in your greenhouse. On the other hand I'm envious about the simple construction of it. Obviously no need for high insulation due to the place you live in.
I hate winters here in Germany.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Rick,

Great plants and set up. Something for me to aim for with my paphs and phrags. I will get to that stage one day!!!

Gary UK

Great place you have for orchids Rick. It doesn't look that big. With all the beautiful plants you show us, I would have thought your greenhouse would be bigger. But then, you may have another location in the house. Well done. Or it may just be that your're using space efficiently.

This is key for me. Look at the last PIC. On the right side you will see the benches are stacked and hung under each bench is vinyl plastic. This diverts the water from plants above to the ends of the benches and then the ground. I get 3 to 4 times the plants in the same space as one bench. Down each 32ft wall I have an elevated walkway so I can get up on top to enjoy the plants.:) The GH is 14ft W X 32ft L X 12ft high.

Rick, on the one hand its great to see how your Paphs reward you with many flowers due to the good climate in your greenhouse. On the other hand I'm envious about the simple construction of it. Obviously no need for high insulation due to the place you live in.
I hate winters here in Germany.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

I feel for you Rudolf. I grew up in the great state of Ohio but I hated the winters. Moved to Texas after college for the long summers and heat!:D
I try to minimize the summer cooling costs by building in amoung the pine and oak trees in the yard plus a wet wall on the south wall. Summer highs 92*F in the GH before hurricane Ilk came through.

3 spikes on roth -- wow!

I like your set-up. I'm thinking that if I ever get a greenhouse, I'd like to have the benches in the middle, also -- not against the windows.

Great job,Rick!! It's a slipper heaven for sure!
Thanks for the views and the great tips on a greenhouse!
Also grew up in Ohio! I like the weather here a lot more- a much longer growing season and never have to shovel snow!

You could organize a greenhouse-sightseeing for orchi-tourists over there!!! Sure I'd pay whatever tiket so as to enter this heaven!!!

Wow, You never know what kind of a response you will get when posting pics. I'm surprizingly pleasently shocked by everyone generously positve replies!! Thank you so much.
I've been working tons of overtime since the first of the year with no time at home. Someone hit on it on an earlier post, "pleasent going into the GH everyday" That is ssooooo true! From the time I get on the metro bus and close my eyes until I walk in the door of the GH, I'm thinking "what's that bud look like today? has it cracked open yet? what do I need to deal with? rot? watering? insects?" I think you all know what I'm talking about. I'll say no more.:wink:

Rick, the sheer number of flowering plants just gives me a kick. Plus, you're proving to be an excellent grower and got quality stuff as well. I'm jealous.

Latest posts

Back