Sandy Hook- Some Shots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is swimming at Sandy Hook. My wife and I always wear proper attire in public.
For those that dislike sand in their suits- ya might find this link of interest-
http://www.travelersdigest.com/nude_beaches.htm

#9 is a few hundred yards to the right. I don't think this boat could be any closer to shore.

NYC is background. :wink:

I'm not the best swimmer but I cant imagine not going to the beach a few times a year. Next year you're invited to Coney Island for the US Independence day, or for New Years to swim w/ the Polar Bear club.:D

Eric

Forget the Bear Club. I really don't need to drive hundreds of miles in january to get my ass frozen. :poke:

As for your invitation to swim, I take it under consideration. However, the last time I went for a swim in the sea (that was in Virginia Beach) a freak wave bowled me over and I lost my eyeglasses. I had a hotel room with a view on the beach full of pretty girls on spring break and I couldn't see anything. :eek: Very! Very! Very frustrating. I had to get an eye exam, a new pair of glasses that restored about 80% of my vision and drive nearly a thousand miles back to Montreal. So if I go, I'll only look at the pretty girls. :rollhappy:

After trip to library, countless images online, and some conversation on another thread in regards to zoom- I bumped my head and the lightbulb went on.

The NOID from 1st page is
The Semipalmated Plover!
Semipalmated refers to the minor amount of webbing between the toes.

This went from Killdeer- Piping - Wilson's/Semipalmated.
Kind of wish it was Wilson's though, just by location.
:)

That Sea Tiger II boat is mighty nice! I want one of those! :drool:

After trip to library, countless images online, and some conversation on another thread in regards to zoom- I bumped my head and the lightbulb went on.

I admire your persistence, Clark!

Its about the guy on the left with the fly rod. The boat got in the way.

Fish on!!!

This guy caught and released three striped bass in the hour I was nearby.
First time I have seen them caught on a fly rod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice pictures! Thanks for posting and sharing!

The NOID from 1st page is
The Semipalmated Plover!
Semipalmated refers to the minor amount of webbing between the toes.

Absolutely right! Semipalmated plover (Charadrius semipalmatus) in winter "clothes" ;)

Latest posts

Back