Sanderianum Hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GaryB

Here is a compot of one of my own hybrids, Paphiopedilum Lawless Zauberflöte(Honey x primulinum) x sanderianum. I got one flask from the cross, but the seedlings look nice and husky. In fact, when I picked it up, the guy who does my flasking glanced at it and first thought it was a cattleya cross. You can kinda see why looking at some of the leaves.

The intent was to make an Oberhausens Diamant (primulinum x sanderianum) like cross with the hope that the philippinense (Paph Honey = ( philippinense x primulinum) will lengthen petals and add some darker color.

Hopefully, it will be a quicker bloomer than sanderianum.

compot.jpg

wow! :eek: Those are some husky seedlings! Good work and good luck!:D

:clap::clap:Congrats!!! Lookin' so good!
How long did it take to get to this point so far?

When the seedlings were deflasked 6 months ago, I wondered how fast the sanderianum hybrid would grow. Since then I read that hybrids with primulimun are pretty fast growers. The photo confirms that it's true. The largest seedling is pushing 4" ls. They will be going into mini-compots (4-6 plants in a 3"pot) this weekend.

compothorz.jpg

They're looking good, Gary! :clap: Here's a picture of a similar cross, Paph (Honey x sanderianum), growing in a 3 1/2 inch pot. It will be interesting to see if the extra dose of primulinum changes the flower.

PaphHoneyxsanderianum.jpg

When the seedlings were deflasked 6 months ago, I wondered how fast the sanderianum hybrid would grow. Since then I read that hybrids with primulimun are pretty fast growers. The photo confirms that it's true. The largest seedling is pushing 4" ls. They will be going into mini-compots (4-6 plants in a 3"pot) this weekend.

Wow! Thanks for good information.
Congrats.:clap::clap::clap: Good work and good luck!

It will be interesting to see if the extra dose of primulinum changes the flower.

[

Very nice flower!

I am hoping for something that looks like the oberhausen's diament below, but with some of the red color that your plant has.
paphod.jpg

Great work Gary. At this rate I'm expecting blooms within a year!

I was think about that and guessed at about 18 months, which would be 2 years out of flask. That seems awfully fast, but I'd be more than pleased even if they took 2 more years (30 months out of flask).

Latest posts

Back