SAD, SAD Paph

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phred

Reaction score
This Paphiopedilum viniferum is the saddest Paphiopedilum I have ever bloomed... it even looks sad. It’s a very small plant. The pot is 2.25” x 2.25” x 3” tall. I got a flask from Troy Meyers a number of years ago (2017 I think). The flask was going down hill and only had 8 surviving plants when Troy deflasked it and sent it to me. The seedlings were tiny and grew very slow. Seven survivors with two growing faster than the rest.
D37F057F-2960-406D-A213-160574082600.jpeg
F9A10F69-D8CA-460F-9931-A7CA2D104A82.jpeg
3935338B-EA28-4228-873A-11D07950DF21.jpeg

This Paphiopedilum viniferum is the saddest Paphiopedilum I have ever bloomed... it even looks sad. It’s a very small plant. The pot is 2.25” x 2.25” x 3” tall. I got a flask from Troy Meyers a number of years ago (2017 I think). The flask was going down hill and only had 8 surviving plants when Troy deflasked it and sent it to me. The seedlings were tiny and grew very slow. Seven survivors with two growing faster than the rest.
View attachment 28397
View attachment 28396
View attachment 28398
Awww it is the saddest paph flower I have ever seen too. Poor thing.

My viniferum had the same coloration and dorsal… it looked a bit sad too but not as sad as yours … so I didn’t take glamour shots. I’ll wait another year or two.

View attachment 28397
View attachment 28396
View attachment 28398
Awww, poor thing… Well, one thing you can say is, it’s a survivor!!! Give it another bloom, but for now it might win the “Ugly Paph” class at the Paph Forum.

I am not sure if I am misunderstanding or gullible, but does Prozac really help? Without a lol or JK, I am likely just misunderstand. There are so many benefits from traditional drugs/ medications that I ask…..
It was a joke. I will use more emoticons in future. I forget that humor doesn't come across well in plain text... 😐

Sure, the flower has a droopy appearance, but look at that bold coloring!

I honestly feel that these "oddballs" need more love. Not everything beautiful has to be flat and round, IMO.

Back