Round-leaved Orchid - Orchis rotundifolia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticshaun

Reaction score
Round-leaved Orchid - Orchis rotundifolia, I was shown some of this orchid last year with seed pods (it was obvious this was an orchid), I've been waiting for weeks and this is the first open bloom on June 21, 2009. There are thousands of these orchids everywhere I went.

img_25933.jpg

A whole plant.

IMG_25762.jpg

Some Cyps just getting started, these are the real reason I have been out through the muskeg and bugs to see local orchids. Not nearly as many of these orchids.

IMG_25772.jpg

I'll be back out to get pictures of whole colonies of Orchis in bloom.

Shaun

Nice! I haven't been out to see these yet this year, but I would guess that the bloom time would be about the same as here this year, since it's been so cold. The correct genus is Amerorchis. It used to be an Orchis, but that got changed years ago. I would be interested to know if you find any other colour forms of this species where you are. There are different ones found in Churchill, but I don't know the range of these.

Round-leaved Orchid - Orchis rotundifolia, I was shown some of this orchid last year with seed pods (it was obvious this was an orchid), I've been waiting for weeks and this is the first open bloom on June 21, 2009. There are thousands of these orchids everywhere I went.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/arcticshaun/img_25933.jpg[/QUOTE]

man,... I wish there were at least one still alive in new york state :(

nice pictures

Latest posts

Back