Rose is Golden

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

li'l frog

Reaction score
Look what goldenrose found on her very first show display!

Attachments

• PA100109.JPG
    PA100109.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Exh, BOC, Best IOS.JPG
    Exh, BOC, Best IOS.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 75
  • AOS show.JPG
    AOS show.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 94
This was a sweet display. The Illinois OS fall show is all table top exhibits. I actually voted for a different one so people wouldn't say "you just voted for that one because it's all Paphs". ;)

The little complex she got from Ross was in there too... VERY nice.

I stuck my finger in the little pond too because I thought it was probably acrylic. Nope real H2O.

-Ernie

Thank You All! and lilfrog hopped quick on that computer & posted! I don't even know what the purple ribbon is all about! I think I take lousy display pics most of the time & Sat 5:30am when I left to go clerk, I forgot my camera!:eek: Thanks L!
I WAS, AM, STILL thrilled! I had 4 vacation days so I took the week off to work on my display. Last month our quest speaker was Barb Tisherman, who has the most BIS display trophies. When I came home & reviewed the info I thought what am I getting myself into? At orchid shows I've always liked the natural setting displays, so I was going natural! I started walking around my backyard, looking for interesting logs & rocks and it all began! I laid out all my plants but had this hole in the middle. I thought what was missing??? - water - A POND! That was the finishing touch but at the same time I didn't want it to be the focal point, I tried to keep the flowers that & this just let your eyes rest & take in some subtle details.
This was a sweet display. The Illinois OS fall show is all table top exhibits. I actually voted for a different one so people wouldn't say "you just voted for that one because it's all Paphs". ;)
The little complex she got from Ross was in there too... VERY nice.
I stuck my finger in the little pond too because I thought it was probably acrylic. Nope real H2O.
-Ernie
WHAT! :sob: You probably guessed it was mine due to the number of slippers! .... but I did adopt the big catt in the background, my gongora armeniaca just would not pop those buds for this weekend! Wed. I lost my charlie. I originally was using the Little Troubles that I also got from Ross but Friday it dropped it's dorsal and then to top it off Sat. am upon arrival the Cirr. tingabarium dropped it's last bloom (Monday it had 3 and it was really neat with one of those orange-red mopheads hanging over the pond!). :sob: I now have 4 holes to fill & 3 are on the left side of the display! PANIC! Friday night on the sales tables I found a medium size yellow catt with a slight fragrance & a helenae X so that replaced Little Trouble & I moved one of the brachys to replace charlie. Sat. morning the cute little den. laevifolium fit perfectly to replace the cirr. ..... relief! All ended well!

The purple ribbon is awarded at each show, fall and spring, to the best display by an IOS member. I'll get a batch of pics sent to you, so you have them. Great spotty paphs, and a wonderful arrangement. Not too much 'stuff', not overshadowing the plants. Great display.

Latest posts

Back