Retraction! it's Paph Shin-Yi Angel

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I think this is the correct name. Its Jay's plant and he got a HCC two weekends ago. I believe the cross is St Swithin X M. Koopowitz. I should of wrote it all down.
IMG_8739_zpsizyczasf.jpg

Paph%20Shin%20Yi%20Sanders1_zpsmfckqihs.jpg

Last edited:
Clearly the roth influence is in this plant even if its only teenie bite. How else can you explain the straight unstaked spike?

That is stunning. Shin-Yi Sanders is Michael Koopowitz x sanderianum. It doesn't have any roth in it. Given the length of the petals it looks like a real Shin-Yi Sanders to me.

So, this has a double shot of St. Swithin in it with strong gene pool tug from the sandie. I would imagine this plant lies somewhere on the far end of the parabola curve with most plants looking more like St. Swithins.

I like it. It does seem very upright. Maybe it either was staked up or grown under lights?
Jay is very good friend. I'm in his GH all the time, he doesn't stake anything nor does he have lights to even see at night let along grow under them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back