Paph. Shin-Yi Prince ‘Grace’ x rothschildianum ‘New Balsnce’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm the opposite.
I love the color. The clean sharp lines really stand out against the bright yellowish base color of this flower.
The shape is probably what's expected given that the roth was used as one parent thus shortening the length of the petals.
Either more upward petal stance like roth or the way they are now but longer would be more my taste.
The flower does appear large. How tall is the dorsal?

Well, I'm the opposite.
I love the color. The clean sharp lines really stand out against the bright yellowish base color of this flower.
The shape is probably what's expected given that the roth was used as one parent thus shortening the length of the petals.
Either more upward petal stance like roth or the way they are now but longer would be more my taste.
The flower does appear large. How tall is the dorsal?
The dorsal is 65mm….just over 2.5 inches.
I would love if the petals were as long as my PEOY (in the background of the same pic) but it reminds me of my lighter color roth with downward petals rather than straight out to the side

The dorsal is 65mm….just over 2.5 inches.
I would love if the petals were as long as my PEOY (in the background of the same pic) but it reminds me of my lighter color roth with downward petals rather than straight out to the side
Thanks for the details.
It is of good size and with a good flower count on the first bloom.
I love light colored roth a lot, although dark ones with reddish pouch is also impressive.

I agree with Happy, I love the lighter pouch with the crisp bold stripes. It really stands out in a sea of dark, line-bred roths! I picked up a similarly colored multi in bloom last year because I found it so striking. Love the chunky petals too!

Latest posts

Back