Red chile pistachio brittle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ever since I bought some super-expensive but very tasty hot chile pistachio brittle in New Mexico, I had the idea of making my own. Bought a bag of pistachios and resisted the constant urge to eat the whole bag. Looked online today and found some very easy microwave versions so made a batch right before the first wave of thunderstorms went through this evening

8cae22ea531f342fcdc06f6c4aa8ba79.jpg

Mmmmm! Not quite as hot as what I bought out west (but still warm) and the surface is kind of 'damp' but the test chunk I made from bowl scrapings was good! Need to not break up the nuts so there are bigger pistachio chunks

My sister gave me some mini bars of trader joes specialty single-brew 70% dark cacao chocolate for Christmas and I may melt them and press some brittle pieces into it and let cool (!)
6c543a0c369707b686bc510cb40d7f64.jpg

May try some semi sweet as well to see how it turns out

I just realized I have some crushed cacao nibs, might be interesting to put that in there somehow

Stay tuned!

Elmer Nj

Heather that's red chile or chile brittle? I really like hot green chile for sauce etc but when I bought the other chile brittle it had red. I saw recipes for green chile brittle so I'll try that next

Latest posts

Back