Chocolate and cherries

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was bored and wanted to use up some frozen zucchini and a bag of dried cherries bought two moves ago, so made two kinds of muffins.
Pineapple zucchini bread and chocolate zucchini bread. Pineapple usually has yellow raisins but used some dried cherries; chocolate usually I put cocoa powder, half semi sweet and half 60% dark cacao, often a bit more total than the recipe calls for.
Both used organic coconut oil instead of veg oil. Had to melt oil before mixing and it 'thickened' a bit after mixing with sugar and egg. Forgot to add chips so had to stuff from the top into dough; turned out pretty well! Lots of choc melted in the top mmmmmm

The pineapple cherry zucchini muffins
d9b12a2ca65b00fbde14ac495f8c94a4.jpg

Chocolate zucchini
3ee5a0425d7692e9eed4ebdf54a14a3d.jpg

Elmer Nj

Those look amazing....I'll have to try coconut oil next time instead of veg. oil!

David

My sister in Wyoming wants me to mail her some! :)

My recipes for the pineapple zucchini and chocolate zucchini breads are here in the 'favorite recipes megathread' and what I used to make these muffins

Coconut oil is great when used in waffles, pancakes, anything that you use oil or butter for using the same volume. Fragrance from cooking waffles is amazing! Also cooked eggs with it (organic cold pressed from wegmans)

Elmer Nj

What! They're all gone?!? That's what I get for showing up late to the thread!:mad:

I can make more

Yes, zucchini is very healthy. Just if you're growing it it gets so prolific and gets big quickly you can get overwhelmed! Lol

Lots of people don't like the big war club zucs saying they are tough, and try to give them away but they are great for shredding, freezing and later making bread or hash etc. Take the seeds out before shredding bigger ones, make flat sheets on tray put in freezer, then put in plastic bags. To make bread, place it where when melting the water comes off (you can squeeze it out some) it'll drain, then measure and use in bread. Lots less water in bread and more zucchini, can use a lot more in a recipe that way

My brother in law one time at thanksgiving was heading towards finishing off a whole loaf of pineapple yellow raisin zucchini bread by himself!
The recipes for choc and pineapple zuc bread are here in the favorite recipes megathread

Good idea about storing zucchini for later use. We eat lots
in salads, but often there's so many we can't give them
all away.

*coconut oil is great for the skin and hair too.

Good idea about storing zucchini for later use. We eat lots
in salads, but often there's so many we can't give them
all away.

*coconut oil is great for the skin and hair too.

This is tongue in cheek and I'm not making fun of situation of people without enough to eat....
but if someone wanted to end world hunger they could just plant cherry tomatoes and zucchini squash!

Elmer Nj

Back