recent hauls

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to our Central NY Orchid Society meeting last sunday while upstate doing a final cleaning of my apartment, and they had the annual spring orchid auction. I became the proud new owner of a stenoglottis fimbriata seedling and a masdevallia mystica from asuka orchids in california (thanks Carla!), and a bottle of kelp max from Ray/First Rays Orchids (thanks Ray!). There were some very interesting orchids, but of course there were a good number of other orchid fanatics who had more money to bid than I did! :( :D I also won a phal mariae seedling donated by the Orchids Garden Centre/Oak Hill (thanks Oak Hill!).

On another plant haul line, I brought home a big bunch of plants from where I work! (it's very dangerous working at a wholesale plant place :eek: :rollhappy: ) They grow amazing plants there (Garden State Growers, Pittstown, NJ) and many perennials and things i've never really seen before. I'll just post a list...

a few quart pots of geum (an orange perennial)
two flats of columbine quart pots in flower (21 total), most of them yellow, some pink/white or blue/white, some nicer than others
three 2.6 gallon mixed columbine pots, amazing colors
a patio tomato in pot/cage
qt herbs (parsley, cilantro, basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme)
two qt clematis (I believe both are white)
a bright yellow lupine (emerging flower spikes; they have amazing lupines there)
a strawberry hanging basket
some lettuce
some bush green beans
4 pt pots of some cool flowering moss

most of these were on carts to be dumped, or were returns from the flea market (things that are odds/ends), and a few were new. I haven't paid for them yet, though they have the list to be paid for monday (which keeps growing). I hate to see flowering things put into the dumpster/compost pile!

if anyone nearby/local wants some perennials or anything interesting that i've mentioned, let me know. I'll find out what things cost. There are a large number of quart columbine, geum and other things that are to be garbage

I do have some pictures and will take and post a few soon

Back