Purchases at Malvern IOS show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
One for the European members....went along to this today, and there were some lovely plants for sale. I came back with the following two in flower from Asendorfer, as well as a nice little thaianum from Ten Shin. I've included whole plant shots for Eric!

P. volonteanum

Apologies for the old roth growth dying off behind it, ruins the look rather

P. supardii

Not right - please expand? i guess the petals are rather reflexed, but still looks like a correct ID to me...

It was just sprayed if that makes any difference.

He has a bunch of them like that - they're from his own flasks, but given to a friend who has a very large scale commercial orchid hybrid nursery to grow on. She must have optimal conditions. They all seemed to have at least 5 flowers on their first blooming.

Not right - please expand? i guess the petals are rather reflexed, but still looks like a correct ID to me...

It was just sprayed if that makes any difference.

It just looks odd with the reflexed, twisted petals. It actually reminded me of sangii in its 'stance' when I first saw it. Hope it straightens out next flowering.

I actually thought it was a sangii at first glance......but I think it's a proper vol. I suspect the flowers have been open a long time so I wonder if it's just age?

I actually thought it was a sangii at first glance......but I think it's a proper vol. I suspect the flowers have been open a long time so I wonder if it's just age?

Nice acquisitions. The lateral sepals are curled on the vol. Hopefully its just from age or transport shock.

Latest posts

Back