Pterostylis abrupta

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure how well it's policed, but fines are substantial, and that's one list I never want to end up on. Seed is easy to get in and out, and you end up with a lot more plants, and plants that are in sync with your seasons.

There is an awful lot of stuff that is easily available in the US but not here. Here are a few of the things I'm looking for:

Diploprora truncata
Dendrobium cruttwellii
Dendrobium laevifolium
Dendrobium masarangense
Aerangis punctata
Angraecum urschianum
Rossioglossum hagsaterianum
Rossioglossum insleayi
Rossioglossum splendens
Psychopsis limminghei
Trichocentrum tigrinum
Paphiopedilum species (particularly the small species i.e canhii, rungsuriyanum, thaianum)
Phragmipedium species (particularly the smaller species i.e manzurii, besseae)
Pleione species
Telipogon species
Sophronitis species

I can help you out with sophro brevipedunculata seedlings. Pleione species in a couple of years. Dendrobium laevifolium. (small fS plant), besseae seedlings in 1 year or less.

I can help you out with sophro brevipedunculata seedlings. Pleione species in a couple of years. Dendrobium laevifolium. (small fS plant), besseae seedlings in 1 year or less.

Thanks Matt. I have a nice form of brevipedunculata in pod. I put the whole genus there even though I have most of the species because I'm always interested in better forms than what I have. The others you mention are definitely of interest.

This is the plant I have:
8726946343_ff3bebf004_o.jpg

What about shipping flasks?

Flasks have the same restrictions as plants here. CITES and other documentation and inspections are required. While easier to acclimatise on your end, they would still be out of season and require significant time in the bottle to adjust. You can flask your own plants from seed and have mature tubers in 12-18 months. These species are some of the easiest to flask. And the nice thing with seed is that you end up with maybe a dozen or so flasks so you can sell them to others, recovering your costs and helping get more plants into the hands of growers.

Here is the pod parent of the cross I did. (I have heeeeaps of seedlings)

If you PM me we can talk about a swap for the laevigatum and whatever else?
I much prefer swaping to buying.

Your call :)

Back