Promenaea Partridge as Kusamono

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
Promenaea Partridge (stapeliodes x guttata) - I have had this one for many years, and deliberately tried to keep it confined to this 2.5 inch wide, shallow little pot. I love the way it turned out. I need to find a little stand, so the flowers can hang down, but spread out works, because you can see into the flowers. The whole thing from leaf tip to leaf tip is less than 6 inches across. I got this plant from Hoosiers, the cross originated with Ben Berliner.

promanea-partridge3.jpg

close-up of flower - note the quarter in the background for scale on pot size - flower is much closer to lens, flower is smaller than a quarter.

promanea-partridge1.jpg

slightly different angle on whole plant

promanea-partridge2.jpg

Last edited:
under fluorescent lights

Great plant, grows inside house?

Yep, I grow this one in the basement on a concrete shelf that serves as a buttress that keeps a 100 year old brick & block foundation from caving in. This means the basement is somewhat humid, as it is not water tight. The lights are 40 watt fluorescent shop lights, as low tech and cheap as possible. 2 fixtures, a total of 4 cool white tubes hanging about 10 inches above the tops of the pots. Most leaves are closer than 10 inches to the lamps. Cheapest initial set up cost possible. Not the most energy efficient over the long run.

Well the plants like it! I might have too much light for one of those but I hope at least I get some dossinias or macodes or other terrestrials from Hoosier before they close up their retail end!

Latest posts

Back