Primary hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIN

Reaction score
Would like to share this primary hybrid between concolor and spicerianum, the odd about this plant single stem gave rise 2 spikes so weird.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 47
Is it 2 separate spikes or 1 spike with 2 flowers that bloomed low or got twisted up in the crown?

Kind of a weird flower, interesting to see the outcome. It looks like a small growing plant. Seeing that concolor and spicerianum are both fragrant (if only faintly), have you given the flowers a sniff to see? I wouldn't expect it to smell pretty, but I also wouldn't expect it to be a strong scent.

Huge flowers!! Please post picture of the inflourescence and the plant please, thanks!!

I dont think Ive ever seen this hybrid before. A much better result than I might have expected.

I didnt expect the outcome of crossing is like this and the flower is huge as compared to their parent.

Is it 2 separate spikes or 1 spike with 2 flowers that bloomed low or got twisted up in the crown?

Kind of a weird flower, interesting to see the outcome. It looks like a small growing plant. Seeing that concolor and spicerianum are both fragrant (if only faintly), have you given the flowers a sniff to see? I wouldn't expect it to smell pretty, but I also wouldn't expect it to be a strong scent.

Actually the history begin with the plant got Erwinia Bacterial Soft Rot at the bottom leafs cured with cinnamon solution and later from the single stem emerging 2 spikes so weird, I'm considered very lucky as the spikes finally opened for me despite with some insects chewing the petals. I sniffed and the smell is so light but that great.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back