pressed flowers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

pressed orchid blooms

I've been making these for the last three years, so far only for gifts and our society's annual auction, but I've been thinking about trying to sell some after donating some to the upcoming MAOC auction in Memphis, May 20-22 2011, and maybe submitting an articcle to AOS about pressing and displaying orchid flowers (would they print something like that?). They have been bringing in between $25-70 depending on the size and flowers used so it could be a worthwhile endeavor. Here's an example of one I made for a christmas gift for my partner's mom this year. I haven't photographed any of my others yet but I can say paphs, oncids, and vandas press really well, less flat flowers are much harder to get to come out nice without dissecting and reconstructing them.

DSCN1275.jpg

DSCN1270.jpg

Forrest

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat. I'm interested in learning more.

Wouldn't a Paph pouch get all distorted?

Neat. I'm interested in learning more.

Wouldn't a Paph pouch get all distorted?

Some work better than others, you always get a little distortion but with a little practice and luck they come out looking pretty nice. Especially the parvis and brachys. here's some of the slipper's I've pressed lately for examples.

DSCN1289.jpg

Forrest

I'm surprised at how good some turn out! COOL!
ST auction 2011 is just around the corner!

Back