Ponerorchis graminifolia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

Over the few years that I've been collecting Orchids I seem to get more and more attracted to the Orchids which are grown a lot in Japan and are mostly not easy to get in Europe. Neofenitia's and Cymb. goeringii's to name a few.

However a while ago I was captivated by Ponerorchis graminifolia as well. I ended up buying a few from Rick Claessen. But for one reason or the other they have only started to grow a few weeks ago.

So I ended up buying another pot from Orchids and More in Germany. As they were cultivated in a greenhouse there they were allready in bloom when I received them. It's one pot that contains two small plants. Luckily they are different clones.

The bigger of the two, they lip is almost 1cm wide. The overal colour is a bit lighter then the other plant. The sepals also have a different colour.

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

The smaller one, the lip is only 5mm wide. The colour is darker but the sepals have some white touches to contrast with the purple and pink.

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

Very unusual colors from what we commonly see. I like Japanese terrestrials also but only have one Ponerorchis so far. Thanks for sharing. This is the normal species color but most of what we see are hybrids I guess. We need more!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back