Politics. Really?!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, I don't need to post about politics here...too many people I agree with.

Snyder is evil. He might as well change his name to Satan. This will NOT go unanswered. There will be HELL to pay!

Thanks for this thread everyone. As an employee of the State of Wisconsin, circumstances have me feeling a little shell-shocked, out-numbered and out-gunned, even when among a crowd of 50,000 on my side. A few words of sanity in an unexpected place really helped.

Lanmark, if you've got Satan in Michigan I'm not sure there is a word that adequately names the evil thing in our governor's chair, his minions, or his puppet masters.

Ohio hasn't been kind either, I'm just waiting for the pay cuts to begin. Oh, and you know how they said we wouldn't have to pay exorbinant union dues and we should be grateful, well you don't think they'll let us keep that extra do you.

Welcome to my world and the world that many fellow human beings started living a long time ago...! :(

Thanks for this thread everyone. As an employee of the State of Wisconsin, circumstances have me feeling a little shell-shocked, out-numbered and out-gunned, even when among a crowd of 50,000 on my side. A few words of sanity in an unexpected place really helped.

Lanmark, if you've got Satan in Michigan I'm not sure there is a word that adequately names the evil thing in our governor's chair, his minions, or his puppet masters.

Your governor is Satan II :rollhappy:
You should follow the link provided by slipperfan if you haven't already done so. Democracy is coming to an end in Michigan aka the Dictatorstate of Snyderstan.

Welcome to my world and the world that many fellow human beings started living a long time ago...! :(

I can't live this way. I don't know how others do it, but apparently those who do are much stronger than I am. I must leave. :mad:

Last edited:
Widespread ignorance also plays a role. You only need to read the feedback forums on CNN and MSNBC stories to be horrified by the lack of public knowledge and understanding about the world they live in. Ignorant people are easily manipulated and the Tea Party and other fearmongers thrive on them. :mad:

As opposed to Fox which provides the honest truth?

Where you going? There is madness all over the world these days.

Sigh...I'm probably going nowhere in the immediate future, Dot, but I see myself in Denmark, the Netherlands or Sweden within five years' time. We'll see :p (I'd prefer France but I think Scandinavia is the safer choice.)

Well I think there is no safe place...! This is happening all over the world. The allocation of wealth from the poor (gazillions) to the rich (few) so that they become richer! It is the classic tendency of human beings all over the history. I do not know if patience is all we can do. But then again what can we do against the unconcern and ingratitude of those who govern us?? Will our voices be heard or just neglected for another of the million times?? Pfff..... on the other hand I think I and ourselves are to blame that we permited all these to happen. We (I speak for my county now) have lost every value and ethics. Sometimes I wonder why do we do this?? But there is no answer where profit and money come in...!!! It is that simple. ;)

There is a limit to how far people can be pushed before revolution ensues. I wonder if I could get rich selling guillotine-building supplies. :drool: :rollhappy: :evil:

Sigh...I'm probably going nowhere in the immediate future, Dot, but I see myself in Denmark, the Netherlands or Sweden within five years' time. We'll see :p (I'd prefer France but I think Scandinavia is the safer choice.)

You'd be welcome in Quebec. We have a liberal government probably on the way out but the opposition is even more to te left. It would be like France in America. Of course there is that winter, but you can't have it all. :D

There is a limit to how far people can be pushed before revolution ensues. I wonder if I could get rich selling guillotine-building supplies. :drool: :rollhappy: :evil:

hehe....interesting idea...!!!:rollhappy::rollhappy::D:D

You'd be welcome in Quebec...
I'm not adverse to living in Quebec. I love it there! The winter's cold, however, is daunting to say the least. :eek:

I've been quite certain for a long time that I would move to France by the end of this decade. Life happens (pout: it's not fair!), so I've allowed my dream to settle on the back burner. Now I feel the urge to go more than ever, but my choices are no longer so clear.

Maybe we could update it to a guillotine with a remote. :)

I'm so bad to have suggested guillotines. :evil: If only I had the powers of Endora, no real harm would be inflicted. I'd sure have a lot of fun putting things right, though, and everyone would be laughing throughout the process. :D

Latest posts

Back