POE show us what you got!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Herrera

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
As many of you know, the Pacific Orchid Exposition was held in at the Fort Mason in San Francisco. I created this tread for you to post you new acquisitions for the POE as well as sharing photos from the event. I will start by sharing what I got (Sorry for the bad photos).

From Andy's orchids
Maxillaria scalariformis
IMG_20140228_1648521_zps43e36e30.jpg

From the Tiny Jungle (Thanks Chris, it was a pleasure to meet you!)
Paph. mastersianum, Paph. dayanum
Paph. henninsianum var christiansenii, Phrag. kovachii
IMG_20140228_1649401_zpsfe44b98a.jpg

From Ecuagenera
Dichaea morrisii
IMG_20140228_1650171_zpsb53a8488.jpg

From Phrao Orchids Nursey
Bulb. lasiochilum album
IMG_20140228_1650511_zpsc6beb245.jpg

From Seed Engei
Sedirea japonica (yellow form)
IMG_20140228_1650421_zpseabda660.jpg

From Ooi Leng Orchids Nursery and Lab.
lecanopteris sinuosa
IMG_20140228_1814331_zps8bc3e0fa.jpg

One last thing I want to denote was this Paph. chamberlainianum from Chris. This is a very small plant compared to what I have seen.
IMG_20140223_1437131_zpsaccf54d5.jpg

Here is mine:
IMG_20140228_1651421_zpsbac97a9d.jpg

If you were unable to visit the POE then you can show photos of your most resent acquisitions!

Thank you!

Nice haul!
Eric, whatdidja get?!?!

Happy to see some plants from Tiny Jungle :)

I spy andreettae Eric........

Do tell, what cha got!?

My haul from POE was:
3 Paph violascens, 4 Phrag andreettae, 3 Phrag kovachii, 2 Phrag caudatum, 2 Phrag wallissi, 2 Paph volonteanum, 1 Paph ooii, Phrag Don Wimber and half a dozen other hybrids.

Long short of it is that hopefully my wife will never find out how much money I spent but she will be wonder where are the new plants came from when they are brought in from the greenhouse when in bloom.

Tyler

1 vietnamense (from a Mr. Olivas), 1 helenae (from the Tiny Jungle, thanks Chris!), and one of those air plants (I'm a sucker for black and green). The Orchid Zone had a great variety of vietnamense in bloom but for me the fun is not knowing what the flower will look like so I turned down this really cute small one with great shape and amazing color.

12863442154_96df20812c.jpg

Next year's goals are to acquire a wallisii, some long petal crossed with kovachii, and an anitum flask from one of the asian vendors.

In case you want to see full bloom example, the chamberlainianum is a sibling of the one I posted on here about two weeks ago:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32998

We both got them from the same source.

I now want one of those!

I spy andreettae Eric........

Do tell, what cha got!?

My haul from POE was:
3 Paph violascens, 4 Phrag andreettae, 3 Phrag kovachii, 2 Phrag caudatum, 2 Phrag wallissi, 2 Paph volonteanum, 1 Paph ooii, Phrag Don Wimber and half a dozen other hybrids.

Long short of it is that hopefully my wife will never find out how much money I spent but she will be wonder where are the new plants came from when they are brought in from the greenhouse when in bloom.

Tyler

Plenty of slippers, I see. Who did you get the violascens and kovachii from?

MorandiWine, how big were the kovachii you bought? Were they seedlings?

My haul from POE was:
Very nice Tyler. I see you went all top shelf!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393904370.343523.jpg

My Paphiopedilum primulinum. My non-slipper purchases were a Zygopetalum "Redvale Fire Kiss" (I love the smell of it in the morning!), Maxillaria tenuifolia, and Dendrobium nobile. I can't wait until the next orchid show!

Back