Please help what is this? Pest or fungal?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy

Reaction score
c088f82cdca62b7051f028e9f2d3ed23.jpg

Please post a good photo that shows the problem clearly.
Give details.
Describe spot in detail.
Are there more spots?
How long has it been evident?
Are there more spots / lesions on any other plants?
Has the plant shown signs of sudden poor health?
What is the plant?

This could be SERIOUS, -- but it's too hard to see clearly enough to make a decision.

Exercise your best sanitation - and do NOT move any plant.
Keep other persons away from your growing area.

Do this now.

c4dc8b7e0894e3d72eeb9a03c9fd2618.jpg

1c7f277336333cd46f98945f9fa4e089.jpg

218649ce7a902d30b058dec7bdab7647.jpg

fb9bf01968d6b3f40e5bec3dc7a7d0c8.jpg

I got this one week ago I noticed it right away, none of my other plants have anything close to this all are very healthy

Well, I still do not know what the problem actually is since you give no specific description of it.

Fortunately, what i thought was your problem is NOT what I thought it might be.

Forget my response.

The wet spots around the damage in the leaf tissue, all of it is in the leaf tissue, doing damage

The main reason I want to know what this is in just 2 flasks I have over 500.00 invested, and I don't want to lose my collection!!!

Ok, I'll isolate it with hydrogen peroxide treatments first then try physan 20 if that doesn't work than......

Troy, it is a fungal disease, a pretty common one and it is easily treated with any good rose fungicide that you can buy anywhere.

do something to the mites. It looks like secondary fungal/bacterial infection from false mite damages.

Good luck with your $500 flask investment. way overpaid for those, dude.

I agree with Mike & Charlse.

Spray it with proper chemical ( I can't tell for sure what disease, so I'd use both fungicide and bactericide).

If you leave it as is, all the leaves will be gone and the plant won't recover on its own. I've lost dendrobium to this kind of spotting disease, although mine had one spot that got bigger and bigger and bigger while yours have tons all over.

I don't think I understand you about flasks.
Are you saying you bought two flasks of this dendrobium for $500?

If that's the case, this is a mature plant many years after purchasing the flask.
You cannot ask the vendor for refund as Lance says.

Unless a person buys an obviously sick plant, sellers cannot be liable to what happen to plants.

Latest posts

Back