Pleasant surprise...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hello all,

You may all know that IKEA offers only Phalaenopsis, or occasionally Dendrobium orchids! I visited the IKEA of my area the day before yesterday, and I happily found out that there were the hybrids on pics 1,2 and 3!!! Today I went again to purchase hybrid on pic 1, cause I loved its colour and fragarance!!! But I saw that the Miltonia on pic 4 is also offered!! So I came into a confusion on which to purchase!!! During my searching on which plant is better than the other and which is rather healthier I came across Paphio on pic 5!!! I was left speechless and without any thought I grabbed it...:D:D:D:D I haven't seen Oncidiums and such offered by IKEA, but offering Paphs was beyond my imagination!!!

If you look carefully to the flowers (pic 6) you can easily figure out that there are 2 different flowers...:D:D:D:D There are two plants and I purchased them at the price of one!!!!!!...:D:D Hehe...^^ I had to split them and put them in different pots, so you can see other pics in the relative threads!!! I feel very lucky...!!!^^^^^

Attachments

• DSC00609.JPG
    DSC00609.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00610.JPG
    DSC00610.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00611.JPG
    DSC00611.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00608.JPG
    DSC00608.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00612.JPG
    DSC00612.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00620.JPG
    DSC00620.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 62
Cool! Nice purchase. I don't recall seeing orchids at our Ikea, but I will certainly pay more attention next time I'm there...:D

lovely Paphs... and sweet to get Paphs from IKEA! That chain doesn't stock plants here in Oz.

We don't have an IKEA near us. :( It sounds like everyone else does, though! :rollhappy: Nice haul! :)

I think it was my lucky day, cause none of us had experienced this before when visiting their local IKEA!

Nice Haul! :clap: Lucky You !!!
I too have only ever seen Phals at my IKEA and I have never bought any as I find that the plants are in a far better shape for the same price +/- from garden centers round here..
I will definitely look again next time I go...You never know? all IKEA stores in Europe 'might' have stocks like yours !!!!! :D

You are very lucky, too because I can only find Phals from other stores/shops at the price of 30-40 euro!!! Geez...!!! Only few may sell them at 25 euro, but small hybrids!!

Nothing like unexpected paphs. A couple years ago I walked into the Home Depot and they had a tray of budded concolor. Needless to say I picked up a few. You just never know. Doug

Latest posts

Back