• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 31-growth Paph.armeniacum - lifetime opportunity! SOLD!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenman

Reaction score
I have come to the difficult decision to part with this wonderful plant; as I have the larger plant which blooms every year, I really don't have room for a bunch of these large plants of one species in my small greenhouse, or the time and energy to give the care they need. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to obtain a good-growing, agressively multiplying cultivar of this species! Excellent flower quality as well. It is in an 8" basket, with individual plants measuring up to 8.5" across. It has been in this basket in a fine bark mix about 5 years. You will not see this large an armeniacum for sale again.

Three pics from different sides for a view in the round plus a pic of the bottom as well as with a ruler for size gauge.

I am asking what I deem to be about half its real value: $1000 or best [reasonable] offer, USPS shipping included.

Not currently in spike/bloom. Plant pic is exact plant for sale. Flower pic is from this plant. U.S. shipping only, priority mail [alternate shipping requests will be considered] (AK + HI additional shipping applies). Paypal only, immediate payment required following purchase confirmation. NO HOLDS; first come first served. Buyer responsible for informing of weather issues re: shipping. Though I will pack carefully, I cannot be responsible for weather or damage in shipping.

Attachments

• armeniacumcg20410.jpg
    armeniacumcg20410.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 6
  • cg2bottom0423.jpeg
    cg2bottom0423.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 4
  • cg2ruler0423.jpeg
    cg2ruler0423.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 3
  • cg2sideone0423.jpeg
    cg2sideone0423.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 2
  • cg2sidethree0423.jpeg
    cg2sidethree0423.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1
  • cg2sidetwo0423.jpeg
    cg2sidetwo0423.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 2
If this is a different cultivar than the 6 growth division you sold me last week, I would also be interested in a smaller piece.
This is a diffferent one, but I'm hoping to place it intact for now. If it doesn't move, I may reconsider later.

What a huge plant! If I had a GH I would snatch it up right away. The armeniacums here indoors are frozen in time it seems and grow so slowly that I think they are sleeping for a century.

I like the flower on this one than one shared earlier in the Paphiopedilum photo section.
How many different armeniacum plants do you have? I think you've shown us at least three different flowers.

What a huge plant! If I had a GH I would snatch it up right away. The armeniacums here indoors are frozen in time it seems and grow so slowly that I think they are sleeping for a century.
Doc, I think it has a lot to do with the vigor of individual plants, but overall, indoor is not the best for them if you can't provide good cold winter ideal for the species.
Then, again, there was this large basket full of armeniacum grown indoor with winter average of around 18 degree Celsius. That's the plant we want! :)
By the way, I might have blasting issues with the species but I find this species rather a good grower. Nearly all the seedlings will start throwing new growths and stolon after first blooming (or blasting lol). Unfortunately, with my pot culture, dealing with the stolon which is the main way they want to grow, does not work well. So, I always give them away or sell them off.
Same story with micranthum and Fumi's Delight. I am desperately trying to creat armeniacum lookalike yellow flower that is easier to bloom indoor. Wish me luck!!

I like the flower on this one than one shared earlier in the Paphiopedilum photo section.
How many different armeniacum plants do you have? I think you've shown us at least three different flowers.
I _had_ four. A 50+ growth one, two 15- growth ones which I brolke up and this 31-growth one. I now have a few 1 and 2-gr pieces of those 15-gr ones, but as for distinct cultivars, still four.

Latest posts

Back