Pk Hybrids, and other Phragmies..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kavanaru

Last weekend at the Orchids Show in Yverdon-les-Bains (Switzerland)...

Manolo Arias was there and brought some Pk Hybrids. I must admit the plants shown were not exactly in the best shape, but it was interesting to see some of them F2F:

Phrag. boissierianum x kovachii

Phrag. Eumelia Arias (yes, the flower was in that position...)

Phrag. Fritz Schomburg & Phrag. Eumelia Arias

I ended up buying two plants. Phrag Eumelia Arias & Phrag. Peruflora's Cirila Alca... both Blooming size...

There were also some other Phrags in the show:

Phrag. Grande

Phragmipedium besseae var. flava (not at the show, but at the Nursery L'Orchidarium, located quite close to Yverdon)

Thanks for the pics. I've never seen the boissierianum x kovachii before. Interesting.

T have been there quite a number of times some years ago, when one of my youngsters was in Geneva!!! IMO he had (at that time at least) an large offer of high quality catts and co, and vandas!!!! Jean

I was not yet looking for slippers then.

T have been there quite a number of times some years ago, when one of my youngsters was in Geneva!!! IMO he had (at that time at least) an large offer of high quality catts and co, and vandas!!!! Jean

I was not yet looking for slippers then.

there were not many blooming slippers this time, but the show given by the purpuratas was very nice... excellent plants!
(Vandas and Phalaenopsis were nice, but I am not much into these two...)

I agree with Eric! How could you be so weak Ramón!? ;0)))

Thanks for these pictures. I think they do show what most of us did know:
Best to buy Phragmipediums in bloom, rather than to grow something for many years, before it turns out.....unfortunate, shall we say?!

John, those phrags are all nice I just think they suffered from the transport. To get any of them blooming size would be cool IMO.

totally agreed... :) Manolo also commented that the flowers do not show as good as they are supposed to be on the plants shown...

Back