Phrags from the US

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lycaste53

Some Phrags, which I got from Jerry:
Phragmipdeium fischeri, two (size 2,25´´)
phragfi1.jpg

Phragmipedium longifolium var. hartwegii, 6+ growth
phraglongihartw1.jpg

They have been divided into 3 pieces:
phraglongihartw2.jpg

Phrag. linldleyanum
phraglindley1.jpg

Phrag. Barbara LeeAnn
phragbarbaraleann.jpg

Best regards, Gina

I got the recommendation to keep the fischeri at a PH of 7.8 to 8.4, that means I have to push up water to that PH. First idea was to dilute potasium, which I use for Christmas- Bakery ( german ´Lebkuchen´), and add it to the water.

I just picked up a couple of fisheri from the same batch, and a lindleyanum earlier this summer (probably from the same batch too).

These are species that came and went for me years ago, and trying again with the new nutrition focus of reduced potassium.

The fisheri haven't been here long enough to see a difference, but the lindleyanum is doing great. Much darker green than what I achieved in the past. Leaf and root growth is impressive IMHO.

I wouldn't use the KOH to raise your pH (I used to do this in the past, and don't have fisherii left to show for it). What is the pH and hardness of your regular drinking water? A tiny dose of lime, or dissolve a bit of pelletized dolomitic lime into your irrigation water. That will raise the pH, but supply some Ca and Mg.

I´m getting new leaves too, the roots are invisible in the potting- medium, but there is some hope
phragfi2.jpg

The biggest part of the longifolium, which was in bud, when I got ist, is still flowering, the second flower has a better shape than the first (wich looked like squeezed)

Best regards, Gina

the longifolium var. hartwegii, first flower
phraglongihartw3.jpg

second flower:
phraglongihartw4.jpg

Best regards, Gina

Latest posts

Back