Quantcast

Phragmipedium Yelva Myhre

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

TrueNorth

Reaction score
I bought one of those from them as well, but it's got a ways to go before it flowers. I bought a few from Ecuagenera as well.

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I think this one turned out really well, especially for a first bloom. Good shape, nice color and texture, yummy pouch. Can’t really discern size. When it gets its full mojo, it’s going to be a stunner!!!
I’ve got a bunch of little Yelvas coming up, from Ecuagenera I think, but none have reached blooming size quite yet. Now I am really excited!

lanthier

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Super nice! Wish I could force my kovachii hybrids to bloom. Lots of growth, no bloom... Been increasing their light!

TrueNorth

Reaction score
I bought 4 of them from Ecuagenera when I saw the pictures taken by Valenzino. He posted a link in a previous post first 7 pictures:

Looks like heaven!

musa

Reaction score
Very beautiful!
Just bought one of those from ecuagenera before christmas. I guess it'll take a while till blooming. Maybe even longer as my first BS Phrag Fritz S. blasted.

richgarrison

Reaction score
Here is the first blooming of my Phrag Yelva Myhre (Rosalie Dixler x kovachii). I definitely like it.
looks like a keeper :) i have a few of these from alfredo back in '15 i think....

how long has it been open? just wondering if the petal reflexing around the pouch is as prevalent as the Valenzino examples... your photo (nicely :) ) shows very little of that...

NYEric

Reaction score
Yay besseae hybrids! Thanks for everyone sharing. Le's looks more like the color I expected. I have one from Manrique, I can't handle the price jump Ecuagenera made for these.

musa

Reaction score
Beautiful colours!
Is the overlapping of the lobes of the pouch normal in Prag YM?
Jay's flower is different I think.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Nice bloomings from all.

Here was my Yelva Myre 'Bloody Mary' in bloom couple years ago when it was awarded an AM /AOS (2019) on a second flower, as a first bloom.

thumbnail_Phrag. Yelva Mehre %27Bloody Mary%27 AM AOS.jpgadc6e723-bf64-4619-a1b7-af39889f6be9.jpg

Interestingly enough, the second flower that was shown and judged was better formed than the first flower on same spike. That first flower fell off a week before judging.

The new growth is much bigger now (2.5x bigger) and I hope it will bud soon. It didn't bloom 2020. Also selected from Ecuagenera.

Last edited:

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
All the YM's are beautiful and I'd love to have one or two. The color variation is interesting; I assume lighting makes
a big difference.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
All the YM's are beautiful and I'd love to have one or two. The color variation is interesting; I assume lighting makes
a big difference.
Yes the lighting changes the red tones in the flower. The first pic was taken outside in morning light under overcast clouds, while the 2nd pic was shot in bright mid-afternoon sun under a tent cover.

Latest posts