Phragmipedium Wössen, a mini-Phrag

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed M

This is a first-bloom seedling of Phragmipedium Wössen, a mini-Phrag hybrid of Phrag. richteri x schlimii, registered by Glanz in 1994. This is from a re-make by my friend Earl Bailey at Orchidbabies.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a delicate little beauty. I especially like the darker line of pink around the lip and at the edges of the petals. Phrag. schlimii and it's hybrids are fast becoming my favorite phrags.

That's the identical cross of parents, so he must have gotten his from Orchidbabies too. :)

Nice to see this hybrid here. But the plant will be bigger in the future, when it is this cross between richteri and schlimii.
For your information about the name. Wössen is a small village in the south of Bavaria near the border to Austria. There lives the first breeder of this hybrid Franz Glanz.

Best greetings

Olaf

Oh, I missed this thread. Like Eric said "what a QT" I have a seedling of this cross that I thought was small but apparently not! Love the soft colors.

Back