Phragmipedium Saint Ouen

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bodil

The newest in my collection. It has a lovely colour, and it is flowering and with buds. I love it. Is there someone than can give me specific :rollhappy:culture recommendations?

Photo

I also would like to have a photo, but when I came home I realised that I had damaged a petal, so I have to wait for next bud to bloom. It does have a couple of buds. So I (and you) have to wait. It is lovely :clap:

We won't make fun of you if a petal is damaged! :poke:
Hydro, semi/hydro or heavily watered, shouldn't make a diff. They handle water better than straight besseae or Phrag Prissy.

;) Thanks for info about watering. I´ll take a photo tomorrow, it´s raining todag and there is poor light. The new bud is flowering now. I´ll guess I can give it more water. I was treating it as besseae.

I can't argue with Eric -- he grows Phrags beautifully. But I've had trouble with root rot with St. Ouens. I've tried a bark mix, semi-hydro, and diatomite/CHC. I seem to have the best luck with diatoite/CHC and watering 2X a week.

My photo as I promised. http://www.neovita.com/orkideer/bilder/medlem/124/124056.orig.jpg

besseae

Jag har hittat Phrag besseae Wings of Fire -did I order it? Do I have place for it :crazy:

Yes, there's always more room for phrag besseae and they don't get as big as some of the hybrids. One problem may be that they are stolonous and you may want to pot in a tall, narrow pot.

Pots

It seems as if Saint Ouen has similar problems, it´s leggy. I have to look round for pots. Thanks NY Eric.:wink:

Latest posts

Back