Phragmipedium Sabloniere

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

The hybrids with Phragmipedium dalessandroi or the hybrid Phragmipedium Jersey (besseae X dalessandroi) produce normally plants with the growths near together and not like the hybrids with besseae with climbing growths with long distances.
A wonderful example is the cross between Phrag. Jersey and Phrag. Memoria Dick Clements, the
Phragmipedium Sabloniere.
Last week I could make pictures in the collection of Franz Glanz in Unterwössen. The flower is really similar in color and shape to Phrag. Jason Fischer, but is really a compact grower.

PhragmipediumSabloniere-JerseyXMemoriaDickClementsPflanzea2011-02-05.jpg

PhragmipediumSabloniere-JerseyXMemoriaDickClementsengzusammenstehendeTriebe2011-02-05.jpg

PhragmipediumSabloniere-JerseyXMemoriaDickClementsBltefront2011-02-05.jpg

PhragmipediumSabloniere-JerseyXMemoriaDickClementsBlteseitlich2011-02-05.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Beautiful, Olaf! Great red. I like the growth pattern -- now I'll have to look for one of these. Besseae is nice, but for compactness, you can't beat dalessandroi!

I have forgotten the following picture, which I made in the greenhouse of Franz Glanz. It shows a plant of besseae overgrown by ferns, really only one plant before it shall be repotted.

PhragmipediumbesseaemitKoy2011.jpg

Here you can see the big distances between the growths.

Best greetings

Olaf

I have forgotten the following picture, which I made in the greenhouse of Franz Glanz. It shows a plant of besseae overgrown by ferns, really only one plant before it shall be repotted.

Here you can see the big distances between the growths.

Best greetings

Olaf

Has this one been shown in Dijon at the WOC?

And great cross, the Sablonière!!! Jean

The big plant of besseae was not shown in Dijon, it was another clone.

Best greetings

Olaf

Latest posts

Back