Phragmipedium Rachel Kirk

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the Don Wimber was really a besseae? :poke:

Seriously that is very pretty but looks exactly like besseae to me. I have several Rachel Kirks and there are none of them you would mistake for a besseae.

e-spice

This is the reason why I'm doing my own breeding, I'm sure of what I'm getting and sure of the parentage of my seedling. I aggreing with you than this first seedling to bloom, look a lot like a straight besseae. And I'm glad!

If it was looking different way, I'll ask myself many questions!

I had a look at your Rachel Kirk and I'm agreeing with your's doesn't look like besseae. Do you have the exact parentage of them.

In my opinion, this cross was made with the first released plants from the EYF when dallessandroï was not considered as a different specie and they use to breed them as a besseae. Your Rachel Kirk show a lot of the dalessandroï characteristics for me...

This is the reason why I'm doing my own breeding, I'm sure of what I'm getting and sure of the parentage of my seedling. I aggreing with you than this first seedling to bloom, look a lot like a straight besseae. And I'm glad!

If it was looking different way, I'll ask myself many questions!

I had a look at your Rachel Kirk and I'm agreeing with your's doesn't look like besseae. Do you have the exact parentage of them.

In my opinion, this cross was made with the first released plants from the EYF when dallessandroï was not considered as a different specie and they use to breed them as a besseae. Your Rachel Kirk show a lot of the dalessandroï characteristics for me...
I know what Jean-Pierre is saying. To often we have bought plants and when they flower you know they are not what they are supposed to be. Especially from 10 years ago.
This why I also make some of the older crosses to make new with. That way we know what we have. Nothing worse than making crosses with plants that have the wrong parents. Throws the whole breeding program a whack.

Back