Phragmipedium klotzscheanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrag-Plus

Reaction score
One of the cutiest specie! I really like them....

Klotzscheanum.jpg

Klotzscheanum2.jpg

Klotz2.jpg

OOOH this is sweet!...Any secrets to growing and blooming this one? Mine is just setting and doing NOTHING!

OOOH this is sweet!...Any secrets to growing and blooming this one? Mine is just setting and doing NOTHING!

Nothing special for me, growing in moss, watering with rain water, with some fish emulsion and once a month some Peter's 13-2-13 plus Ca and Mg almost the same thig as MSU. But it doest grow like weed neither.. Very slow grower and difficult to propagate, lots of seedlings are dying out of flasks...
But with time the rough one will survie!

Mine bloomed about 3 years ago, put out 4 side growths and are still SIDE growths! I know it's lives in flooded areas for part of the years so I try to keep it very wet in the summer months. Does yours ever have leaf tip die-back? That what happened to the bloomed growth.

Mine bloomed about 3 years ago, put out 4 side growths and are still SIDE growths! I know it's lives in flooded areas for part of the years so I try to keep it very wet in the summer months. Does yours ever have leaf tip die-back? That what happened to the bloomed growth.

Yes it does'nt form big clump for me neither, the growth shout out 2 to 4 growths and the old growths did died back after a while... I have to cut the stolons and repot them closer in the same pot. Those one are very easy to grow compare at the old one I've got in the past....

Interesting, I'm going to knock mine out of the pot and see what the heck is going on. Maybe I'll plant it in my wife's fish pond!

Well my plan for the way it will take many years to flower, but it is also a substrate with sufficient humidity and sphagnum

:clap: :clap:It's a cutie!
I'd like to see this one in cultivation more.
from the comments being made, we can understand why,

Being difficult to grow, I'll admire yours !!:clap: I love it !!:drool:
me too! :drool:

I think it was not use because this specie is very rare in cultivation, and not that easy to propagate... I do have many crosses coming up using it...
Good Luck! Keep us posted!

Latest posts

Back