Phragmipedium Hanne Popow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jean, it is very nice! But by the way the petals are waving; I'm having few questions for you;
1) Do you know or get any idea where it comes from?
2) Did the plant is growing as a clump or they are climbing with stolons out of the pot?
3) Did it branch?
4) Can we see a picture of the growths?

Before the recognition of the dalessandroï many plants were sold as Hanna Popow but they are now Seymour Tower (dalessandroï x schlimii) like that one. They are pretty close relatives....

SeymourTower1.jpg

Jean-Pierre

Hi Jean, it is very nice! But by the way the petals are waving; I'm having few questions for you;
1) Do you know or get any idea where it comes from?
2) Did the plant is growing as a clump or they are climbing with stolons out of the pot?
3) Did it branch?
4) Can we see a picture of the growths?

Before the recognition of the dalessandroï many plants were sold as Hanna Popow but they are now Seymour Tower (dalessandroï x schlimii) like that one. They are pretty close relatives....

Jean-Pierre

very interesting Jean-Pierre!

Maybe you have read my (first in this forum!) thread from dec. 07!!
I bought 2 of them in 2003 from Wubben in the Netherlands , this one as a lindenii (I do not think that I got them from M. Wubben himself! :) => http://www.orchidwubben.com/ )!! Of course it was not, but as I had no lindenii to compare and still few interest in slippers, it was only last year, when the plant finally bloomed that I got this evidence!!

here a pict. of the plant to answer 2) and 4)!! Yes, climbing out of the pot!!!
A 2nd spike on the right side, the top hidden by the leaf.

But I do not think it branched at last year's bloom, and for this time it is maybe still too early!?

The 2nd plant is just starting its spike, but from a pict. of its last (and only) flowering in 2003 the same 'waving' of the petals is visible, and the new growths also are climbing out of the pot!

Jean

Hi! Jean, I did certainly miss that post last winter....
Thanks for answering my questions; This is a very nice specimen and your plant does have more characteristic from the besseae it should be an Hanna Popow... They have some very subtle differences... But those petals make me wondering still... And I never saw any Fremont Point (Jersey x schlimii) yet to see what it look like.
Many thanks!

update

Here a pict. taken today: 2 spikes 4 flowers, 1 bud (more to come):

(Background left kolopakingii: 1 growth, leaf span +/- 80 cm)

Back