Quantcast

Phragmipedium Hanne Popow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Djthomp28

Reaction score
This Hanne Popow was made with besseae flavum, which gives it a lighter pink color.

I am happy to have been able to take these from flask to bloom. They certainly took their time with over 2.5 years to mature. I will post a few of the others as the buds open.

20200226_184955.jpg 20200223_130703.jpg

NYEric

Reaction score
Yay ________ hybrids! Branching like that I don't think the label is accurate. Should be nicely fragrant. What was the source?

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Gorgeous, Darlene!! You have the touch, for sure!!!

awesomei

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice! I love the pastel colors. Here is one of mine. But, is using the standard red besseae._DSC4570 Phrag. Hanne Popow.jpg

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Hanne Popow !!!!! I haven't got one yet though.
A closely related primary hybrid, Phrag. Manzur la Aldea, is also very nice. I might even like it better as the ones I have bloomed out generally seem to have fuller petals and a rounder overall presentation. Chuck Acker had flasks of these a couple years ago, so I suspect that many on this site have them.

SouthPark

Reaction score
A closely related primary hybrid, Phrag. Manzur la Aldea, is also very nice. I might even like it better as the ones I have bloomed out generally seem to have fuller petals and a rounder overall presentation. Chuck Acker had flasks of these a couple years ago, so I suspect that many on this site have them.
Thanks KL! I just took a look online some photos a moment ago --- of that one you mentioned ...... they are beautiful indeed. I love the pinks. Definitely one to look out for too here. I'll note down this one! I'm currently growing a Grouville - hasn't yet flowered though, but it will ---- one of these days hehehe. I saw one at an orchid show, and thought it was so cute ...... that I just had to find one. Found one through some luck!

Djthomp28

Reaction score
Good call out Kate! I have a flask of Phrag. Manzur la Aldea (flavacolor). I am getting my first one in bloom. Can't wait!

southernbelle

Reaction score
This Hanne Popow was made with besseae flavum, which gives it a lighter pink color.

I am happy to have been able to take these from flask to bloom. They certainly took their time with over 2.5 years to mature. I will post a few of the others as the buds open.

View attachment 18453 View attachment 18454
These are really lovely, Darlene.