Phragmipedium Andean Tears

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really beautiful! :) I've ordered a bloomin sized one from Orchid Inn, should receive it within 2 weeks.
How tall is your plant, I've heard that it can get to about 3,6 feet tall! :-O

Really beautiful! :) I've ordered a bloomin sized one from Orchid Inn, should receive it within 2 weeks.

Hi AnnCha

The photo of your avatar (Phrag. Andean Tears) is one of my photos. Please be careful before using any photos in this forum.. You have to ask the owner for permission before using other members photos and, in this case, would you please use another one. Thank you.

Very nice. I'm starting to accept the characteristics of many of the PK hybrids, the crimped dorsal sepal and the 'relaxed' petals, and thinking of them less as faults and more as "well that's the way it is". They come with the good size, nice colour and great pouches.

The longest leaves: 45 cm long, but they are curved so the clump is 45 cm large I would say. The clump is 25 cm tall. The stem with the flower: near 45 cm tall. Multigowths.

I really hope it will remain compact.... If not, I should sell it. I don't have room for very large plant! Maybe someone (Phragmatic?) can tell us more about the size of the plants of the Jardin Botanique de Montréal?

Chuck: I agree with you. Flowers of P. kovachii hybrids have rather strange shape, but the pouch pattern and the size of the flower are very interesting.

Hi AnnCha

The photo of your avatar (Phrag. Andean Tears) is one of my photos. Please be careful before using any photos in this forum.. You have to ask the owner for permission before using other members photos and, in this case, would you please use another one. Thank you.
I will echo what Denis said. I've had my photos stolen for use on eBay, and it it very disgusting that vendors will take someone else's photo and use it to sell their plants. You are not doing that, but it is not legal or ethical to take someone else's work and use it as your own.

The longest leaves: 45 cm long, but they are curved so the clump is 45 cm large I would say. The clump is 25 cm tall. The stem with the flower: near 45 cm tall. Multigowths.

I really hope it will remain compact.... If not, I should sell it. I don't have room for very large plant! Maybe someone (Phragmatic?) can tell us more about the size of the plants of the Jardin Botanique de Montréal?

Congratulation for your Andean Tears, a very nice one:clap:

The Andean Tears in our greenhouse are multigrowths (4-5 growths) with a leafspan up to 55cm. the leaves tend to curve down, reducing the leafspan at aroud 45 to 48 cm wide. each are grown in a 5 inches, standard plastic pot. This hybrid is considered a compact one compared to other hybrids made with kovachii.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AnnCha

I'm sorry if I offended you, I thought it was a free photo for use. Of course I will remove it. My apologize.

Congratulation for your Andean Tears, a very nice one:clap:

The Andean Tears in our greenhouse are multigrowths (4-5 growths) with a leafspan up to 55cm. the leaves tend to curve down, reducing the leafspan at aroud 45 to 48 cm wide. each are grown in a 5 inches, standard plastic pot. This hybrid is considered a compact one compared to other hybrids made with kovachii.

Merci Denis. Ça me rassure!

Did you have more than one plant in bloom?

Oh my! Clearly you have the gift with kovachii hybrids. I can only look on in admiration. :clap: Please do post a photo of it when the three spikes reach the flowering stage.

Latest posts

Back