Phragmipedium Andean Tears

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the beast, under T5 lights. We can see only one bud, but there are 2 other spikes. If you look carefully you can see a taller one behind. That spike has 2 bud. We cannot see the smaller one in the picture.

Chambredecroissance4Andeantears.jpg

Can't wait! :drool: I can see an improvement in the second flowering, so it will be interesting to see how the third flowering turns out. Would be nice to have more than one flower on a stem at once, too! And with three spikes - WOW!!!:drool:

I was wondering how yur setup looked like..thanks for the pic :)
Well yur plant seem to be bigger than mine, so I guess mine isn't
mature enough to flower yet... lol

I don't think so....This is not a bud blast... There is a flower, but it not a good one! The pouch is distorted. There is only one lateral petal.

I always monitor temperature at the buds level (with my hands). I pay attention to avoid to put the bud right under the bulb. This is what I have done for the first flowers; the same for many other plants.

I don't think so....This is not a bud blast... There is a flower, but it not a good one! The pouch is distorted. There is only one lateral petal.

I always monitor temperature at the buds level (with my hands). I pay attention to avoid to put the bud right under the bulb. This is what I have done for the first flowers; the same for many other plants.

OK, :rolleyes:

Thank you Michel and Eric.

Well... should I water every day now instead of every 2 or 3 days? The plant does not sit in water since november. I think the weather it too cold for that... (max 21 C, min 12 C). Do you think it can be safe to pour water in the saucer in such a cool weather?

Latest posts

Back