Phragmipedium Alfredo Manrique

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddybear

Awarded Stud
Reaction score
I just got back from nearly 3 weeks in the States. I managed to visit Orchids Limited and Chuck Ackers while there...what facilities! I took nearly 600 photos on the visits! This Phrag. Alfredo Manrique was photographed at Chuck's. He just won an AOS award with it...can't recall which specific award, but I expect an AM.

I picked up a budded Jason Fischer from Chuck and Paph. Sweet Valentine from Jason...also got a Cymbidium goeringiana from another vendor...managed to sneak them across the border!

PhragAlfredoManrique2.jpg

Awesome pic Todd. I have always wondered what I would do if I ever bought plants in the States... I wouldn't want to get caught with anything I didn't claim at Customs!

It's a shame we have to resort to such risky ventures for very little rational reason. :(
Glad you had a good trip and were able to get some plants back home. Thanx for the photo.

The Alfredo Manrique received an 84 point AM. It was stunning. There was another awarded at the same session, that received an 83 pt AM, it was lighter colored, on a much taller flower stem. I would have thought the point spread between the two would have been wider. Chuck's plant was stunning.

By the way - where did you cross the border at? I need to map out my next round trip.:evil:

very nice! I just sent Alfredo Manrique a link to this post.

EDIT: Alfredo said it was nice to see this one. He reports that he has remade this cross and has several flasks of it, in his lab.

Last edited:
Back