Phrag. xroethianum x besseae, flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm agreeing with you and Tom, look much more like a possible Tammi Jo Hilsenbeck.
And I do agreeing with you too, about the resemblance with your Frosted Velvet (?). Because this Frosted Velvet, is having lindleyanum or sargentianum in it. And it's not suppose to…

Frosted Velvet like Longueville or Cape Sunset don’t have the heavy marking from the sargentianum in the inner pouch.

All this delicious besseae hybrid talk is making me dizzy! :crazy:

I'm agreeing with you and Tom, look much more like a possible Tammi Jo Hilsenbeck.
And I do agreeing with you too, about the resemblance with your Frosted Velvet (?). Because this Frosted Velvet, is having lindleyanum or sargentianum in it. And it's not suppose to…

Frosted Velvet like Longueville or Cape Sunset don’t have the heavy marking from the sargentianum in the inner pouch.
So you mean my Frosted Velvet isn't labeled right either???

So you mean my Frosted Velvet isn't labeled right either???

Unfortunately yes!
Frosted Velvet ( 32,5 bess + 32,5 long + 25 schlim) should look between an Eric young ( 50% bess + 50% long ) and Grouville ( 50 bess + 25 long + 25 schlim ). This inner pouch is showing lindleyanum/ sargentianum hybrid influence like Beauport or a Andean Fire X …

Hmmmm -- so, do you think these are both Phrag. Tammi Jo Hilsenbeck?

Or what else could they be?

Other than Tom's post here, I could not find any other photo of Phrag. Tammi Jo Hilsenbeck on the internet.

Hmmmm -- so, do you think these are both Phrag. Tammi Jo Hilsenbeck?

Or what else could they be?

Other than Tom's post here, I could not find any other photo of Phrag. Tammi Jo Hilsenbeck on the internet.

When I’m looking at the photo I would like to say Andean Fire X, because the colour and shape. But if I’m looking and compare to the variation I’ve seen in my own breeding offspring originated from a single seedpod ( Phrag. Michel Tremblay, Phrag. Serge Harvey, Phrag. Claude Marcoux, etc… ) variations in colour, size and shape can be very surprising and unexpected.

And as you said, we didn’t had the opportunity to see many photos from those crosses and we don’t have any repairs to compare them yet. Make those identification much more difficult and it is almost impossible to say yes I’m sure of what it is, even guessing because we can be very far from the truth…! We will have to wait!

It sure is, the 2 links show toothiness on the petals, can that be a hint to the possible ID?

Dear Tom,
nice to read that you are well. Could you show us a picture of your clones. I had seen only the clone in the net.
And is it possible to show also a picture of your Phrag. x roethianum? Perhaps you can send both also to my private mailadress.

For this time best greetings and many thanks

Olaf

Hi Olaf,

I'll look in the slide file tonight and get back to you re add'l Phrag. (x roethianum x besseae fma flavum) photos. Attached is one of the x roethianum clones currently in bloom. Unfortunately, I dropped my good camera in the water last week, so the photo is not the best quality using my old Nikon 1.2 mp antique.

Best Regards,

Last edited:
Mountain Maid shoul be very similar because it is the hybrid between besseae and hirtzii.
x roethianum is the natural hybrid between hirtii and laongifolium. When you corss this with besseae there must be a similarity with Mountain Maid.

Best greetings

Olaf

Latest posts

Back