Phrag. xroethianum x besseae, flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Info on tag: Phrag. xroethianum ‘FV’ CBR/AOS x besseae v. flavum
xroethianum = hirtzii x Phrag. longifolium
Should it look like this???

Phrag_xroethianumxbesseaeflavum.jpg

I would expect something along the lines of Eric Young.

well, any hirtzii background certainly seems to have melted into the landscape. For a besseae v. flavum Hybrid it also has a lot of red in the flower. How about a forgetting longifolium as well as hirtzii in it's background?
A very nice shot by the way!

This is really one lovely flower, but hard to see any longifolium influence!!! Jean

I agree with everything Jean said here.

The marking in the pouch might suggest sargentianum in the background and the colour looks like it might have been derived from schlimii or fischer back there some where as well.

I'm thinking it looks very much like my Frosted Velvet (Hanne Popow x St. Peter):

Phrag_FrostedVelvet.jpg

I got the plant from Fox Valley. I think I'll contact Tom -- unless he's watching this thread and wants to weigh in...

Hi Dot,

There's a good chance it is Phrag. Tammi Jo Hilsenbeck (Rosalie Dixler x schlimii). We registered the cross in 2004 and had about 25 seedlings which were sold at various shows, including the MOS show in Livonia....so it's possible. It's definately not (x roethianum x besseae v flavum), which looks more like Mountain Maid (hirtzii x besseae) which we sold at about the same time. Here's a poor (by your standards) photo of one of our Tammi Jo's for comparison.

Last edited:
Thanks, Tom. That looks like mine in just about every aspect, down to the wavy petals and two-tone coloring.

I'm agreeing with you and Tom, look much more like a possible Tammi Jo Hilsenbeck.
And I do agreeing with you too, about the resemblance with your Frosted Velvet (?). Because this Frosted Velvet, is having lindleyanum or sargentianum in it. And it's not suppose to…

Frosted Velvet like Longueville or Cape Sunset don’t have the heavy marking from the sargentianum in the inner pouch.

Latest posts

Back