Phrag. Will Chantrey

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A remake by Orchidbabies. Will Chantry = besseae 'Cow Hollow II' FCC/AOS x klotzscheanum). I really like this little cutie. A little deeper, more even red color would have been nice. Growing in a 2 inch pot.

PhragWillChantry.jpg

PhragWillChantryplant.jpg

That's nice! It looks like a mini Phrag. Firestorm. I really like it!

You might get more red saturation if you can cool it down more. The red colour of besseae and it's hybrids is intensified by cool temps experienced while the buds are developing and opening.

That's nice! It looks like a mini Phrag. Firestorm. I really like it!

You might get more red saturation if you can cool it down more. The red colour of besseae and it's hybrids is intensified by cool temps experienced while the buds are developing and opening.

That's what I'm hoping for. I bought it in bud in October, when Earl Bailey from Orchidbabies gave a talk at our society. He is located in Alabama, which is a little warmer than here in Minnesota.

That's what I'm hoping for. I bought it in bud in October, when Earl Bailey from Orchidbabies gave a talk at our society. He is located in Alabama, which is a little warmer than here in Minnesota.

That's good to know. You'll probably get more intense colour next time because the plant will be larger and more mature/strong....and it will have adjusted to your conditions more than it had a chance to do before this bud opened. Plus, as you indicate, the temps are not going to be as high. Looking forward to a photo of the next bloom to compare to this one. This is really nice; so, the next will probably be awesome!

I like the color too, the deep yellow w/ the row of dots round the lip. I don't know if it'll get darker because the klotzscheanum is light. At least it looks like a bloom on a small plant. Yay besseae hybrids!

I agree with cutie. And it has personality, if such a thing can be said for a flower. Love it!

Michel

Ross that's a beautiful flower and blooming in a 2 inch pot sounds awesome !!! Congratulations and looking forward to next year's bloom to see the difference.

Latest posts

Back