Phrag. tetzlaffianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
A very vigorous grower for me; but, this is the first time it's bloomed since Wendy gave me a division of her plant back in 2006. It seems to need to be multi-growth before it will begin blooming. It readily side-branches and often holds 3, or sometimes even 4 flowers per growing tip. This plant was set back by the freeze two years ago; but, it has come back with a vengence. So, I'm happy!

11644.jpg

11642.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone!

John, that's a happy plant. What medium are you growing it in?

I'll have to check tomorrow and get back to you with the answer.

Very nice - what's the status of this one ? - bot spec, nat hybrid?

As far as I know, this plant is still causing controversy. I'm not aware of it being accused of being a natural hybrid. All that I've heard is that it's accused of being a man-made hybrid. However, it won't self; so, there are no populations of seedlings to grow up and bloom to see if it breeds true.

John, I got another bad case of salivation... Gorgeous plant and flowers.

Splendid!!!! The flowers look like they have different colour in each photo! Which is the real one?

Not bad. Thanx for sharing.

Not bad!? :confused: (OK, I know.. not besseae hybrid :D)

call me amateur, call me "Phrag uneducated", call me whatever you want, but this plant (IMO) is gorgeous! :drool: don't mind whether Bot species, natural hybrid or man-made... wow!

very nice John,I managed to get it to set a pod on it last year using Barbera LeAnn but only got a few seedlings. I could never get it to self.
Nice growing

Thanks everyone!

Splendid!!!! The flowers look like they have different colour in each photo! Which is the real one?

The top photo is correct. The whole plant photo is a bit too yellow. Sorry. Although, the pouch colour does lighten after a week or two. You can see in the close-up that the pouches are different colours. That's because of the age of the flowers.

I managed to get it to set a pod on it last year using Barbera LeAnn but only got a few seedlings. I could never get it to self.

Well, at least you got it to set a capsule with some viable seeds. Congrats on that, Russell.

Last edited:
Back