Phrag. Suzanne Decker ( Kovachii x Cape Sunset

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using calcium chips, found at a pet feed store. It's crushed limestone, about 1/2 the size of pea gravel, and used as bird food supplement to strengthen the egg shells. You might want to see if there are any poultry feed stores outside of NYC. It came in a 50 pound bag & was dirt cheap. It should last a couple hundred 4" pots. If not that, maybe a local pet store that specializes in breeding exotic birds might have something similar.

Bahhahahhahahahhhaaaahaha!!!! :rollhappy: The [few] stores that sell live chickens here aren't feeding them; a fifty pound bag at a pet store, hmm maybe the crowding in NYC isn't publicized; store outside the city, I haven't had my car in 5 years! BTW, a few hundred pots wouldn't be enough! Thanx anyway. :p

I was thinking more along the lines of a pet store that sells not-wild-collected parrots & such. I'm sure there must be something like that in a city as large as NYC.

Hi Ron,

The flower is still up but you can see the pouch is giving in not ridigd anymore and the petals have turned a bit. It wouldn't win anything in this stage but when it first opened the petals were so flatand the color was crisp. I have no complaints I hae flowers like stanhopea's which are gone after a day,and there are others. Maybe the next flower will last a bit longer.

Ray

Latest posts

Back