Phrag. Suzanne Decker ( Kovachii x Cape Sunset

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayb

Reaction score
OrchidPictures2014-1.jpg

OrchidPictures2011-1.jpg

I agree, the flat petals are very good on this plant for a kovachii hybrid! :clap: How long has it been opened for?
I wonder if it will get some waves.

This is only the second day it's been open it is flat I can say that but I don't know for how long

Ray

Excellent, Ray! You can't mistake that pouch. The color of the flower is lovely -- I love two-tone flowers like this one.

Hi All,
I have been growing it for two years. The first spike blasted before I could see the spike. Then it put up this fan. Now I also have two healthy starts . I grow it in a regular bark mix and I addeed the crushed oyster shell to it. It stays in a plastic bowl filled with water which I change once a week . The flower is already going downhill They don't last long at all.It was finishing after only 5 days.I have another bud starting but I don't know how many it will produce my guess is only the one more.Flower is almost 4 inches across and 3" in length. I want to get the species but too expensive for me right now. One of these days I;ll cave in and get one.

Thanks for all the good comments
Ray

Ray I am surprised it only lasted 5 days. If my memory serves me correctly, the flowers were lasting much longer on this one. I recall that the flowers continued to expand in size for the first 4-5 days

Latest posts

Back