Phrag. schlimii article Braem & Teson

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
Dear friends,
We have spent several years trying to understand schlimii... a lot of work done but a lot of work to be done to fully understand the distribution and variations of this complex. Here you can find a revision about the Phrag. schlimii complex as we understand it today. We cannot split manzurii from schlimii so we are proposing manzurii being a fma. of schlimii.
Enjoy!

Link to the paper:

http://richardiana.com/telecharger.php?vol=16&art=28

pouch.jpg

Excellent article! You are lucky to be able to work with Prof Braem! Encourage him to publish a phrag book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent article! You are lucky to be able to work with Prof Braem! Encourage him to publish a phrag book!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much!

You are right, I am so lucky, he is a very dedicated and clever guy.

About the phrag book... he is working day and night (literally) in the book project, the text is already done. Wait for the BEST!

amazing article , I will have to read it again and again.
the andreettae, fischerii and anguloi kind of stand out , but the schlimii and the manzurii are the tough situation, I really can not tell them apart

Last edited:
Congrats on the publication. Unfortunately I am unable to appreciate the differences in all the species. Perhaps you should send me some of each! :evil:

Keep us posted on both the new Paph book and the Phrag book!

Not being a botanist, I didn't understand parts of the paper,
but I do appreciate that the identifications are being
unravelled. I have two "schlimii" that look very different.
Perhaps someday I'll know what they actually are.

Latest posts

Back