Phrag. Scarlet O'Hara 'Karen' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Below are some pictures of our Phrag. Scarlet O'Hara that got an AM. I think the judges liked it for its saturated red color.

PhragScarletOHaraKarenAMAOS-close-.jpg

PhragScarletOHaraKarenAMAOS.jpg

PhragScarletOHaraKarenAMAOS-plant-.jpg

ComoShow20099.jpg

Robert

Very nice flower! Robert, do you find that this cross is a bit brighter red than Jason Fischer?

I'm sure there is some color variation from bright red to darker reds as there is in Jason Fischer also. I haven't seen a red orange color similar to besseae in such crosses yet.........

:clap: WOW!!! :clap: Hope it's going to be at the Madison show this weekend!

Very nice flower! Robert, do you find that this cross is a bit brighter red than Jason Fischer?

I'm sure there is some color variation from bright red to darker reds as there is in Jason Fischer also. I haven't seen a red orange color similar to besseae in such crosses yet.........

To me this flower looked more like a true red, and more intense red compared to a Jason Fischer which is more orange red, but within a batch of Scarlet O'Hara's there is probably more variation in color compared to a batch of Jason Fischer's.

Below is a Jason Fischer and the Scarlet O'Hara side by side for comparison (It is hard to capture the exact red color, but in person the Scarlet O'Hara looks a little darker compared to the Jason Fischer):
JasonFischervsScarletOHara.jpg

Close up of the Jason Fischer:
PhragJasonFischerHotTamale1262009.jpg

I had seen a Fox Valley clone of this cross, it had a much rounder flower, rounder petals and rounder dorsal. Interesting that these are favoring the more traditional besseae / Jason Fisher shape. Lovely.

Latest posts

Back