Phrag. Rouge Bouillon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen this one advertised on ebay a couple of times and
hesitated to bid. I'll bid next time. Beautiful bloom and
exceptional for a first bloom. I love the detail in your
photographs.

Well done Dot.

I love all of these pics but the last, your closeup is the winner in my books.

You make the iphone camera look much better than I thought it was.

Nice!
Someone brought one for our meeting tonight. The saturation was unreal!

Well done Dot.

I love all of these pics but the last, your closeup is the winner in my books.

You make the iphone camera look much better than I thought it was.

Thanks.

The iPhone camera is like any point-and-shoot camera. The lens is decent and so is the resolution. It has limited focus capability, and is pretty fair with close-ups. It doesn't handle contrast ranges very well, but the HDR feature helps.

But like any camera, one can take crappy photos with it and blame the camera, or one can choose appropriate backgrounds, lighting, and camera steadiness and take decent photos.

Please remember that I take all photos, taken with any camera, into Photoshop to correct any contrast, color or saturation problems that may have occurred. I guess there are other image-editing programs that are good, but I've been with Photoshop since 1992, so I find it quite handy.

I don't have a Jason Fischer, but I'm hoping with dalessandroi as a parent instead of besseae, that it will eventually branch.

Hi Dot,

Does the tag have the number QF1484? if it does , I think they came from Quintal farms ,wait a few days to see if the dorsal fatten out more, the pouch hang down more vertical, and the bloom become even more red .
I have 4 Rouge Bouillon, 2 with the tag QF1484 with exquisite red blooms (first bloom Dec 27th 2015 , this week April 12th, 2016 they are into the 7th blooms , still have more buds) one has flower 10.4 cm , the smaller plant has 9.5 cm across , 7cm dorsal . The petals are more pointed than yours however . After open a few days, the dorsals flatten more and stand straight (not cupping likes some Jason Fischer) The pouches hang straight down as well instead of 90 degree , so looking side way ,the whole flowers appear straight like a sheet of paper .
I am looking forward to see how the other two Rouge bouillon ( Chuck Acker breeding) will look like, one of them I got from Littlefrogfarm here .

What are the main differences you see between this and your Jason Fischers in terms of plant growth habit and bloom color/configuration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
the FCC Jason Fischer' Priscilla' division I got has tight growths just as my two Rouge Bouillon (not climbing nor forming stolon) , the other 3 Jason Fischers crosses are still small so I can not tell ,but the fourth, a large Jason Fischer did form long stolon , and the pouch is more 90 degree to the dorsal .
I think the very best Jason Fischers are very hard to beat , but the average Rouge Bouillon will have better chance of having decent flower than the average Jason Fischer .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back