Phrag. pearcei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

physiognomy

Reaction score
I need to snap a better shot of this little beauty... The plant is growing in sphagnum, but I am starting to experiment with semi hydro & may see how this species takes to it under my conditions.

6224225947_cc18e6f758.jpg

One of my favorite species. Grows well it is happy and truly small enough to grow on a window sill.

This is supposed to be an easy specie to grow and it's the only one I have trouble with. All my other phrags are fine with good leaves and very few brown tips -- something I cannot elimenate on the pearcii although it,s continually wet.
Love your bloom,

Ed

Very nice! I think you'll have success with this plan in semi-hydro -or at least mine love it!

Nice flower. S/H will do fine. Ed, lower your K concentration of your fertilizer by increasing your Ca and/ or Mg. The brown tips will cease.

Nice flower. S/H will do fine. Ed, lower your K concentration of your fertilizer by increasing your Ca and/ or Mg. The brown tips will cease.

What Rick and I have been doing is reducing the amount of our regular fertilizer (with high K) and offsetting the N loss by adding Calcium nitrate.

That bumps up the Ca and reduces K simultaneously. Nitrogen will stay the same.

It's working wonders for stopping the leaf tip burn, and getting longer darker leaves in the process.

Latest posts

Back